Monday, August 20, 2007

About Me

Hi, my name is Nair Calderon. I 'm from Brazil, I speak Portuguese and I came to New York five years ago.In my country I worked in a University Hospital SuI Fluminense. I operated Mammographies. I worked once a week, but 24 hours. I started to work at 8 AM on Thursday and finished Friday 8 PM. I spent five days at home together with my daughter, helping her with her homework, sometimes on the weekend I went shopping, or went to the beach, theater, disco, etc.

Today I live in New York City. I'm a home attendant. This is a hard job, and the work is heavy, but I need this job, Everybody needs a job. Now I have English classes four times a week and a computer class too. This is good for me. Because now I have made more friends from different cultures, I am learning languages and tasting different foods, I need to improve my English so that I will improve my life in the future. I plan to so study LPN (License Pratice Nurse) because it takes only one year of study to get it. After that, I will continue my education and learn to be a radiologist technician. I like operating Mammography. I hope my dream will come true.

3 comments:

Wooram Lee said...

Your dream will come true!!

Nadia said...

If you believe in your dream it always will come. Don't loose hope!

Ke Xu said...

Congratulations on getting your blog, Nair! It is good to know about your personal goals in the U.S. Everybody who came to America from another country has an American dream. Only hard work, and sometimes good luck as well, can make your dream come true. With your hard work and intelligence, Nair, I am sure you will achieve your goals!